This hermit recently came out of her shell and found herself in the South of Metro Manila.
In the bustling leisure and business hub of Alabang, I took refuged in one of the budget friendly hotel from my not so far away.
For someone who stays at home most of the time, it is definitely a leisure for me. Hop Inn is perfect for business and leisure traveler like me who’s on a tight budget.
I would definitely suggest Hop Inn Hotel for a quality and affordable hotel accommodation. This is not a paid promotion. *ahem* baka naman po may free stay. LOL kaway kaway.
Where to Find Hop Inn Hotel
The business district is like the Ayala in Makati. I’m quite surprise to see such greenery in the Madrigal Business Park.
The hotel location is strategically perfect. Almost everything you need is just a stone away from malls, shopping and dining. There’s a place to cure your cravings and fill the tummy.
The closest malls are Molito and ATC, a 10 to 15 minutes walk and you are there. For us, it took at least 20 minutes. It’s a slow walk with my babe, enjoying the cold breeze and the stillness of the surroundings.
If you feel hungry, 7/11 store will save your tummy. It’s just beside the entrance of the hotel.
What I love About this Quality Affordable Hotel
We did enjoy our stay in the hotel from the moment we walk in till we checked out.
1. Spacious, spic and span lobby with lots of cool comfy chair. Include the instagramable wall design. I really like the wall map painting of Alabang. It’s definitely helpful for tourists and locals.
2. Vibrant and accommodating receptionists. I really like how they are so attentive and smiling to everyone.
3. Early check in with no additional fee. We arrived there around 12:30 pm and just hang around. At quarter to 1:00 pm we decided to check in. The regular check in time is 2:00 pm.
Upon checking, you and your guest will be required to show an identification.
I asked why, and the staff said it’s SOP so they will know who and how many are there in the hotel in case of emergency. If you don’t have an ID with you, they will ask you to sign a waiver.
4. Free parking in the hotel. Upon check in, you have to reserve for a parking; it’s first come, first serve. Otherwise, you an opt for paid parking around the area.
5. No telephone provided in the room. Don’t despair. You will find a common telephone at the hallway near the elevator.
Let’s Talk About the Room (My Fave)
The room is nothing fancy, but overall I find it cute. It gives you a tiny space living vibes and at the same time lots of space to move around.
The layout is really nice. No big cabinet that takes so much space. But don’t worry you will have enough space to hang your clothes and somewhat a vanity area where you can put your beauty essentials.
1. Under the bed is pretty spacious to store your suitcase. The hidden storage can keep your room neat while you can avoid stumbling to one of your suitcases or backpacks.
2. The window area is my favorite part of the room. Our room is at 5th floor with big window. I love how the sunray hits our room in the morning plus the green scenery. Just staring outside makes you at peace while in the busy business district.
Did I tell you it has a built in table beside the window?
Its like a counter, the one you can find in dorms. As long as it serves its purpose, I have no qualms about it. It’s perfect to eat your breakfast especially if your babe delivers your favorite breakfast meal from Jollibee.
Filling up my tummy while soaking in Vitamin D is my definition of perfect morning plus being sweet with babe while making my cup of coffee. Okay, I’m being cheesy here. I can’t help but to reminisced our staycation.
Speaking of coffee, this budget friendly hotel does not have a coffee maker and microwave. You will have to request for it in the receptionists.
3. Curl up on a soft and sturdy bed. No bed bugs, no dirty bed sheets. No funny smell. A good night sleep is achieved.
4. Stash your stuff in the small safety box. It is provided for your important documents and belongings.
5. Entertain yourself with the wide 32 inches flat screen TV. It has cable and perfect for watching your favorite movie. It’s actually perfect for the size of the room.
We did enjoy our movie marathon, plus the strong Wi-Fi connection. Although at night time, the Wi-Fi connection sucks. Maybe other guests are already in their rooms done with the day.
6. Refresh in a clean bathroom with towels. At first I didn’t know if there’s hot water, but apparently you just need to wait for a while for the cold water to turn hot.
It feels like your normal bathroom; nothing fancy. I like the simple sleek design plus the built in soap/shampoo dispenser.
They don’t offer toiletries so bring your own toothbrush and toothpaste. If you forgot, there’s the 7/11 store you can depend on.
And of course the star of comfort room is present, the bidet water pressure is powerful that the water is jet-like so better adjust it before using.
I just don’t know if they have toilet paper shortage. We did ask to have another roll of tissue before we head out to have dinner at Nathaniel’s. Morning came, still nada.
Did I say we had dinner at Nathaniel’s? Great food I should say and just a couple minute walk from the hotel.
Tip: Don’t be scared to scout the area, it’s pretty safe to walk around even at night. A lot of Ayala guards are patrolling. Plus the ambience is relaxing; lots of trees.
Overall, Hop Inn Hotel offers an adequate fully furnished room at a budget friendly price.
Keep in mind that it is a budget hotel and that they lack some amenities to cut the price down. What the hotel lacks, it makes up with its impressive neatness and courteous staffs.
For its price you will not feel cheap at all. With the money you save for accommodation, you can explore other stores in the area but don’t go bananas with the budget.